Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Day 72

Wow! Sorry for the long delay on posting!! Like the old saying goes - No news is good news!! Things are going very well! Today is day 72 post opp and I am down a total of 55 pounds as of this morning!! I'm beginning to look like a bag lady as most of my clothes are getting too big - especially pants! I'll be putting my sewing skills to good use this weekend to take in some of my pants! Monday was my last official day on a "staged diet." I am now on Stage 5 - which means - maintenance. I can eat really anything my little pouch will allow... not that I am eating anything that I want. I am learning from my time on support forums that the first year after WLS - nicely called "The Honeymoon Year" is for me to make the changes and create the habits for lifelong eating. They say I really could eat Doritos all day long and still lose weight, but after a year - the scale would start to creep back up. Thankfully I don't really crave "bad" foods like carbs and sweets! This is truly a blessing. Each day I aim for my 80-100 grams of protein and try not to get more than 35-40 grams of crabs. I still don't dare to test out my little pouchy poo with sugar - so everything I eat is either low or no sugar. I am becoming quite the cook! I've found an amazing website (www.bariatriceating.com) that has some of the most amazing recipes and stuff to buy! I am trying new foods and cooking away. I meal plan my whole week, and then cook on saturdays, tuesdays and thursdays. I do much better when I have my whole day planned out of what to eat - and bring it with me. When I don't - I barely get 300 calories in and I tend to have more carbs than protein cause of what's available to eat. I am back to work full time now. The hardest thing is remembering to eat and take vitamins while at work. I am gettting better slowly, but surely! My body seems to be changing everyday! It's really fun to go "shopping" in my wardrobe!! Lots of clothes that were too small now fit (or are even too big!) Things I haven't worn in years are making a comeback!! I have so much that i've been thinking about blogging about - and i can't seem to put my mind together to do it right now! I'll leave it all to blog over the next few days!! So far - 2009 is my year!! :) Happy New Year everyone!!

2 comments:

HerMajesty00 said...

Yeah she posted! Work must be so happy you are back!
And I like some of the recipes on that website. I am gonna try a few this week. 2009-the year of Kate.

margmor said...

All right but don't be pulling out your pegged jeans and suspenders from the 80's just cause they fit again... oh wait, you were probably like 8 back then right? Never mind...