Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Wedding Weekend!

Hello faithful readers! I have arrived home safe and sound from the most enjoyable and uplifting weekend! Kyle and Kate's wedding was beautiful, amazing, God-filled - oh man words can not describe how awesome it was! The trip there and home was another story! After being stuck at the Cleveland airport for 8 hours on Friday, Brenna and I finally arrived in Ft. Wayne, IN where Popple Dan and his lovely girlfriend Meghan picked us up! We then headed to Kyle's parents house for a lovely meal and great conversation! There I finally got to meet Mrs. Heimann!! She's so lovely!! I've been dying to meet her, and Kyle said she was eager to meet me! Happiness had by all! After a great night's sleep at the hotel it was time to get ready for the wedding!! We met Kate at the Church around 11:45 AM! Kate looked stunning in her simple, yet elegant wedding dress!! I got to take some great photo's of her and Kyle before the Mass as well! (they are below!) The Mass was so beautiful - the highlight of my trip! After Mass we headed to the Knights of Columbus in Decatur for the reception! Because of the ice storm they had on Friday, the KOC has no electricity!! A generator made it so the sound system worked and a few strings of white Christmas lights! We ate by candle light and danced under christmas lights! It really set a romantic and elegant setting! We ate awesome Taco's from the make your own taco bar!! (yumm taco's - yay I can eat them!!) We danced the night away and it was wonderful to catch up with some of my most favorite people like Cory and Jon and finally meet Meghan and the rest of the Heimann clan!! Brenna and I hung out with the CHWC peeps and PJ (former drummer of Popple) Saturday night back at our hotel! We told stories and sang along with Jon and PJ! An all around great evening that I didn't want to end... but by 2:30 AM I had to go to bed for the early wake up for 8:30 Mass on Sunday! Sunday included morning Mass, a fun and crazy morning at Kyle's house watching some of Kyle's friends from Purdue cook a breakfast of buckwheat pancakes, bacon and eggs!! Then Cory and his lovely girlfriend Marie can to pick us up for head to Kate's parents house for lunch. Another great afternoon spent with the Heimann's and the Stroup's as well as Kate and Kyle! Cory and Marie then drove us to the airport for our flights home (that's a long crazy story about all the airport mix ups for the way home!) We finally arrived home in Boston at 11:00 PM, waited over an hour for luggage to find out it never left Fort Wayne!! Luckily our luggage was lost on the way home!! The luggage arrived yesterday on my doorstep!! It was sad to leave - I think I was the happiest I've been in a long time over the weekend (not saying I am not normally always happy - just super duper happy that weekend!) I hope my life journey puts be back in Decatur, IN again in the future! As I head off for Christmas Eve Mass with my family, I'll leave you to enjoy some pics of the wonderful weekend I've had.....




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kate - you are beautiful! Just as I expected. It was so good to meet you and Brenna! Wasn't the wedding wonderful?? I couldn't be more proud of Kyle and Kate, the total spirit of the wedding and that no one panicked when there was no electricity! It was a perfect day! Thanks for coming to Decatur, sorry your flight was plain awful!
love, JoAnn