Monday, December 15, 2008

Heaven can come in food!!

My most missed food is no longer missed - Rice Cakes!!! Whooo hoooo!!! Since I am on stage 4 I can gradually add back in carbs and since I can not eat bread, the nutritionist said I could try rice cakes, but thought I could have problems with them. So this morning when I couldn't figure out what to eat... I saw the sleeve of rice cake out of the corner of my eye and thought - hhmmm, maybe I'll try. I grabbed a slice of american cheese and plopped the cheese covered Rice Cake in the microwave for a measly 12 seconds and wa la - MY FAVORITE SNACK!! (well it is no longer a snack as I couldn't finish the whole rice cake!!) I began my day a VERY happy camper today!! I took it real slow and made sure I chewed chewed chewed before I swallowed!! YUMMY!! I actually just finished another one with peanut butter since I needed an easy way to get 7 more protein grams in me without cooking meat! I don't think i've ever been more excited for a food in my life!! This is a very fun stage as I basically can eat anything except raw veggies - so it's been fun experimenting! So far so good, I haven't had any problems with new food yet. My only food issues are any kind of egg except cooked over easy or poached and chicken sometimes will "get stuck" if it's not moist enough. I feel really lucky especially after reading more and more on the "Thinner Times" gastric bypass forums. I'm almost 8 weeks out of surgery and I haven't thrown up yet (someone knock on some wood please!)! But I follow my diet and stages to a "T" and don't eat anything I'm not suppose to like sugary foods or high "bad" fat foods and i only sugar free flavored water, decaf tea or milk (no soda, juices, or alcohol)! I get my sweet fix from sugar free popsicles, jello, pudding or creamsicles. The numbers are still dropping slowly so I'll be addressing that with the dietitian on Wednesday at my appointment. But other than that - things are looking up! Oh yea - I went shopping over the weekend to get something to wear to the wedding this weekend (whoo hoo!!) and I DROPPED 2 sizes on the top and 1 pant size!!! :)

3 comments:

HerMajesty00 said...

Kate!

margmor said...

How fun!! I love that you're starting to see changes and having such fun with your diet- I can imagine it could very easily be discouraging, if you thought of it that way. So good for you and your good attitude!!

HerMajesty00 said...

Kate do you worry that you are losing too slow? I don't think you should even THINK about that. For over 20 years your body has become expert at holding on to fat with all the yoyo dieting. Let it release it good and slow because it will be a permanent weight loss. Learning to eat right, move more and having fun with who you are....on the inside and outside is the key. You are doing awesome.smoooch.