Saturday, October 11, 2008

Reactions

It's always funny the WIDE variety of reactions one gets when you tell them interesting information about your life. I have to say I have had the most varied reactions when I have told people about my upcoming surgery. Don't get me wrong, most reactions have been very supportive... but here is a sampling of crazy reactions I have received:

when telling 2 good friends one night, I began with "well this fall I will be having some major surgery..." I got cut off and one friend cut in and said, "don't tell me you're having Gastric Bypass... a friend of mine had it done a few years ago and died!"

I've had many a "YIKES!" and "ooooo - you sure you wanna do that?" reactions.

"Wow! Really?? Isn't that surgery for people who are weak?"

"Be careful, many people die from that."

And my all time favorite....

When telling a co-worker.... her first reaction was "Oh that's great! wonderful!" then a couple minutes later came over to me and I quote, "oh Kate I am so excited for you, I was sitting over there thinking about what you just told me and WOW - you sure will find your knight in shining armour now - you know once you get all that figured out (as she points to my abdominal area). You know you have such a beautiful face - once everything else gets proportionate - you'll look great!"

No comments: