Tuesday, August 24, 2010

3 new Posts - and TOB

Below you will find 2 new posts. The 1st one I wrote while I was in NJ on a mission trip and I hesitated posting it during that week. I honestly forgot about it and remembered it again today. I re-read it and decided to post it. So there it is.... warning, it's a little raw... The 2nd one I wrote at the airport this past weekend and decided to post it today as well...

On other notes, currently I am in PA at The Theology of the Body Institute doing their Head and Heart Immersion I course. I have been wanting to do this for 3 years now and over some awesome course of events, was able to attend this session! I'll be honest and say that last weekend on Saturday night, I was second guessing myself on attending as I've had a crazy few weeks and was having a crazy good weekend that I did not want to cut short to fly out to PA - but now that I am here - i am sooo happy I came! I've been journaling and keeping really good notes at all the sessions so far and as soon as I make sense of them all I will most definitely be blogging about this experience. But boy is my head and heart being moved BIG time right now. I've been teaching TOB to teens for the past 4 years and have loved it. I was skeptical how much this week would do for me personally in the heart department. I came because I wanted to have a deeper understanding of the Theology to better equip myself to teach it. But I have found myself having HUGE "ah ha!" moments, deep conversions in prayer, and some strong churnings in my heart. Exactly what the goal of this course is to do is most certainly doing for me - to move from knowledge of TOB in the head - to knowledge in the heart. I have found myself literally moved to turns at some point during each session each day - even Mass, praying the Liturgy of the Hours, conversations around the meal table or during free time - I think today I was moved to tears at breakfast, our morning session, lunch, our afternoon session, mass, at dinner, during adoration, even during our movie night (The Truman Show) and discussion that followed. Even just a few moments ago, while having a great conversation with my room mate (Jen from Long Island - and she's got the accent to boot!) we both found ourselves with tears in our eyes. My thinking, my feelings, my longings, my relationship with Christ, my understanding of God, Creation, the world, our plan and destiny - all deepened, strengthened, changed... My mind races each day with making sense of everything that is changing and how the Holy Spirit is moving and working in me. I can't wait to share it all with you....

No comments: