Monday, February 9, 2009

Week 15

Today marks 15 weeks since surgery! All in all I am doing really well, minus the few little bumps in the road last week! My shorter hair is growing on me, my little pouch has healed nicely since my "stuck" moment, and things are getting slightly "softer" each week! lol!! (I am still having some issues there - but Miralax has helped some!) I accidentally took the entire week off last week from working out... whoops! But back on the band wagon today! Although the scale hasn't dropped too much this last week (only about 2 or 3 pounds) the inches are definitely melting away. I am even beginning to notice the changes (which I really hadn't noticed too much until now!) I have very little left in my closet to wear... and no money to buy new stuff... so I do laundry like every other day. I have 2 pairs of jeans that fit just right for the first wear or maybe 2, but anything more - they fall right off!! Anyone got some size 16's out there?? lol! I had such a fun night Saturday night - laughed a lot, danced some too! I've put some pics below of the fun night!! Paula was there which made it that much better too!! My top in the pictures is one that I bought like 2 years ago - and it NEVER fit... had the tags on them!! My pants kept falling down as I danced... my free hand often was holding the back of my pants so they didn't come right down during the evening!! Being pushed by Margo and Sue to go outside my comfort zone and join the support group and forum has been phenomenal!! I wish I had found them before surgery! Each Wednesday night at 9:30 PM I log on and spend the next 90 minutes in the live online support - there are great "speakers" (typers) each week on awesome topics like the importance of Vitamins, bariatric eating, and this week - our relationship with food! I've met some really nice supportive "friends" through this too! All in all, so far it's a been a great journey - not easy by any means, but it's been a good process for me! Here are some of the most recent pictures of me:


I had more - but it won't let me upload the others... so these will have to do for now!! lol!

5 comments:

HerMajesty00 said...

Kate you are looking great and I LOVE the top!!!!!!!!!!
I am glad you were brave to seek out the forums and that they have been a help to you. It really is nice to talk with people who are on a similar journey and who can sympathize with bumps in the road, share your victories, and call you out when you slip!
I can hardly wait to see yo in person skinny!

Haven Heimann said...

hey that's Cory in that picture! Good choice! You look so cute in this picture too! Take Care.

Haven Heimann said...

oops - that comment wasn't from Ty - it was from mom

Anonymous said...

1. you need to get suspenders! That would be awesome!
3. Your hair doesn't look that short, I was expecting something much more drastic.

wait . . . what happened to 2? Shoot, it was around here somewhere.

Brenna said...

LOVING the cory and I picture...dude and looking great at the play/show you kids put on...bangin!